Follow Me

Monday, 16 February 2015

Get Ready With Me - party edition

Hey Guys!

So this Friday I attended a party which I was extremely excited about and with all good parties, the best part is always the ability to splash out on a new wardrobe without anyone asking questions so I grabbed this chance with both hands! I bought a whole new outfit, including brand new opaque tights which always seems to be so difficult! Apparently shops fail to sell tights in such a pale colour, but I did end up purchasing a fab pair of ladder resistant tights eventually. 
But since I fell totally and completely in love with this look, despite my struggle finding tights, I thought I'd share it all with you in a 'Get Ready With Me - party edition'.

GRWM - party edition

I have been so excited about this outfit and couldn't wait to share it! If you follow my twitter you'll know I've been more than thrilled that floral prints are said to be coming into fashion this spring and that makes me a very happy girl! If you haven't guessed already, I adore floral prints. Personally, I feel that they look great with everything and can glam up any outfit effortlessly and can also do the complete opposite. The reason I love them so much is because there is no labels pinned to floral prints saying they're formal or they're casual. You can rock a floral print on any occasion. And if you need another reason to love them, the aura of class and elegance they radiate is just unreal. 


Outfit

Skirt - New Look | Top - New Look | Jacket - Primark | Shoes - Primark

For this look, I shopped in both my favourite High Street Stores, New Look and Primark. Both stores are very affordable and if I am ever stuck on a new outfit to buy or feeling the need to spend the money burning a hole in my pocket, I always go for to these stores first before I even consider anywhere else.

Both the skater skirt and the lace camisole were bought from New Look and look amazing together. I'll admit I'm not the best at pairing skirts with tops and vice versa but this match done the pairing for me. I walked into the store and fell head over heels with this Black Floral Print Pleated Midi Skater Skirt which admittedly isn't my usual choice of skirt. However it's floral print and it's almost silk fabric drew me to it. It's light and very floaty (which looked fab swaying on the dance floor all night) so it's great for spring time or when the warmer weather finally graces us with its presence. Saying that, I never shivered once all night, but in a skirt that look this good, who really cares if it's a little breezy?

The White Floral Flounce Lace V Neck Camisole is substantially chillier but it just looks so darn cute. The laced fabric and see-through back look fantastic and fit with both a casual outfit or, as I did, for a more formal occasion. Though I have worn it with a slightly less formal skirt and it looked just as pretty, if not prettier. It has a floral pattern also which matched my obvious flower print theme. 

My Long Black Duster Jacket is possibly my favourite new buy for this occasion. I've been looking for a jacket like this for a while, one that is pretty dressy and formal and one I didn't have to take out a loan to buy! This jacket ticked all these boxes. It was cheap, good quality and suited my outfit plans perfectly.

Fancy Buying?
Unfortunately the Black Floral Print Midi Skater Skirt wasn't on New Looks online store, but I did fine this adorable skirt which is pretty much a replica except it's blue flowers. 

Black Floral Pleated Midi Skater Skirt

White Lace Floral Print Cami
                                                                                                                                                                          
Hair


For my hair, I was looking for something that was easy to do but still looked like it had taken me a while. I've got to admit, I have a serious obsession with messy hairstyles. You'll very rarely catch me with sleek, elegant hairdos that have taken hours of burns, combing and hairspray. So I researched, researched and researched and failed to find a hairstyle that I both liked and more importantly, could do. This hairstyle was extremely simple to do and, I think, looks as though it has taken a lot of effort and skill (which it didn't). 

  1. I kept my usual hairline, or parting, and split the back of the hair right down the middle as if I were going to put it in pig tails. 
  2. I french pleated either side of the hair, keeping it loose all the way to where my hair finished, just above my neck. I secured the hair with elastic bands. I loosed the pleats making the hair look messier and fuller. 
  3. After both pleats were secured, I took hold of the hair that wasn't pleated below the elastic bands and made it into a regular bun, twisting the hair around just as you would if you were to create your regular run of the mill ballet bun, except lower down. 
  4. I secured this bun with a number of bobby pins (kirbie grips) and made sure the elastic bands were out of sight. 
  5. At the front of my hair, I pulled out some wispy hairs from around my face and left them loose, creating a real messy feel to the hairstyle. 
  6. A lot of hairspray was applied to keep this in place!

Makeup


My makeup was pretty simple for this particular occasion. I prefer to wear quite natural makeup and leave the standout, bright makeup styles to those who can pull it off better than I could. I was surprised at how little makeup I needed to make this complete outfit look better, but it definitely suited a more natural route, I think anyway.

For my face, I used my ever appearing Urban Decay Foundation which I'm sure I don't even have to mention anymore. It blends perfectly with my skin and I don't even have to stress that it might leave a line or anything. Again, I do definitely recommend. I did however go a bit wild and attempt to contour my own face. Because I am so pale, no contour kit seems to agree with me and always turns out too dark, but I done some research and I found this amazing video,  Contouring For Pale Skin which helped me a lot. It shows you how to contour without a contouring kit, and also for those who aren't blessed with that olive skinned, constant sun kissed beauty (I don't mind being pale really). 

For my eyes, I used my Naked Palette by Urban Decay which again isn't very cheap but it is definitely worth spending the money on. I used my ever trusty rule of three which works every time to give you the perfect smokey eyed effect. You can read more about it in my "No Makeup" MakeupGranted, the colours I used were substantially lighter than the colours that are used to make the perfect smokey eyes, but feel free to go as dark or as light as you want. Again, I used my black eyeshadow to give me a slight top lid eyeliner with my thin angled eyeliner brush. 

Illegal Definition - Maybelline New York
I got a brand new mascara which is exactly what I've been looking for. It has the perfectly thin bristles and doesn't withhold any liquid which means you have absolutely no gloopy eyelashes or black smudges all over your face. It's basically a little dose of heaven in my makeup bag. 

Rimmel London - Nude Pink
Rouge Lip Liner
For my lips, I went for the ombre effect. The rims of my lips were lined with a darker rouge colour and I smudged it into the nude pink which created quite a natural pinkish sheen to the lips. Sadly, I'm part of the thin lips club which gives me little creativity when applying lipstick, but that shouldn't hold you back from going brighter and bolder with your lippy colours!


Thank you so much for reading this. I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me if you would like to see more GRWM posts as I had so much fun doing this! 
I hope this has given you some inspiration for possible outfits, makeup or hairstyles. As always, feel free to comment suggestions on what you want to see in my posts or some tips and tricks you think I should know! 

Much love xx


.