Follow Me

Saturday, 16 May 2015

My Top 10 Beauty Hacks

Hey Guys!
So today I thought I would speak about some of my favourite beauty hacks, and if you don't know what that is, basically... I am going to attempt to share my tips and tricks with you when it comes to the world of beauty!



I have my top ten beauty hacks here, ranging from makeup to hair! These are some tricks I've found over the years that have definitely made my life easier and hopefully now yours!


1. Conceal Tired Eyes With Red Lippie
My first beauty hack is one I post on my Facebook page recently after reading a great page with similar beauty hacks in LOOK magazine. Apparently, due to some scientific reason of which I do not understand, the orangey-red hues in the lipstick cancels out the purpley-blue shadows beneath your tired eyes. After blending in a light amount of lipstick beneath your eye, add concealer over the top and you should be good as new!

2. Perfect Your Eyelash Curl
So if you aren't lucky enough to have perfectly curved eyelashes, you will have invested in a nice eyelash curler for yourself, right? Well, if this doesn't seem to be working to its full standard, blast it with a hair dryer for a couple of seconds before using them. The heat will give the lashes a nice curl that will last all day!
If you are not a fan of eyelash curlers (they're pretty scary, I get you), then a good trick is to roll your mascara whilst applying it to your lashes. As you stroke it upward, slowly twist the mascara so that your lashes bend upwards. Hopefully, they'll be looking nice and curled now!

3. Coconut Oil
A good friend of mine told me about the wonders of coconut oil and I've never looked back! It includes fat loss, better brain function and various other amazing benefits. Apply it onto your skin for an amazing, long lasting moisturiser or eat a spoonful of it for more internal benefits. Fun fact, populations that eat a lot of coconut oil are among the healthiest people in the world!

4. Lasting Lipstick
Lipstick is a god send, but we all know how annoy it is when we're constantly reapplying it 17 times a day! What if I were to tell you that you can make your lipstick last all day? Well, you can. When applying your lipstick, it helps to have a little amount of foundation on your lips so that it sets better on your lips. Once it is applied, take a tissue and gently cover it over your lips. Take some translucent finishing powder and apply some over the tissue, this will help your lipstick last all day long!

5. Taming Those Flyaways 
It's not the easiest of tasks trying to get that perfectly sleek hair, but though strange, apparently a tooth brush is the way forward! After spraying some hair spray to hold your sleek do, taking a toothbrush to those untameable baby hairs is the next step forward! It's small frame helps get those little hairs that a regular comb can't quite manage.

6. Elongate Your Ponytail
Now I know now more than ever the depressing feeling when you know you have lovely thick hair but when you put it into a ponytail, it just doesn't sit quite right. Well, this hack changed my life. Basically, you take the top half of your hair as if you were going to do a half up-half down style and tie it with an elastic. Then, take the hair that is left at the bottom and tie that with an elastic also!

7. Brighten Your Eyes
White eyeliner has been around for ages and I myself use it on a daily basis, but it only works its magic when used correctly. Applying a slight amount to the inner corner of your eye will automatically brighten up your eyes and enhance the rest of your makeup at the same time! Not just a doll eye liner!

8. Avoid Mascara Smudges
I usually find that the quirkier a trick, the better it works and that is definitely the case for this trick. Now I, like many of you I'm sure despise when all my makeup is done and I'm on the last lick of mascara and bam, it smudges. Well, no longer, thanks to my trusty friend, a spoon (bare with me). By using the curved side of a spoon and placing it behind your lashes as you apply your mascara, it definitely guards your skin from accidental smudging!

9. Liven Up Your Eyeshadow
I love coloured eyeshadow as much as the next person but sometimes it doesn't look as bright as you were aiming for. Well, applying either white eyeliner or a white eyeshadow as a base will help brighten up the colours of your eyeshadow and help give it that edge you were aiming for.

10. Beach Waves
I definitely saved the best till last! So it's not unknown that beach waves are one of the most popular hairstyles going right now and whether you are naturally blessed with waves or not, this trick is perfect. So after browsing the internet one day, I found an article on Beach Waves and of course, I read it. Using an old spray bottle, add 2 cups of hot water, 1 tea spoon of salt, 1 tea spoon of hair gel and 1 tea spoon of coconut oil (optional). Then spray generously on your hair for the perfect beach wave!

Much love xx

.