Follow Me

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Beauty Q&A

Hey guys!

So it has been a while since I blogged last and I've really missed it. I'm going to be cramming lots in before I go back to school (yay), but that means I have a new post for you all!

I thought since I haven't been blogging in a while, I'd go straight in with a beauty related Q&A and so many of you asked me amazing questions, so thank you for that!




If you could have only one beauty item what would it be and why?

I would have to have my Magic Mineral Powder Foundation. I have mentioned it in a few other blog posts and it would definitely be one product I couldn't live without. I wear a really natural makeup anyway so I feel like I could probably live without mascara and lipsticks, but when my skin is having bad days, I definitely cannot live without foundation and this is the perfect, natural and light foundation that you could wear every day and I would happily wear it for the rest of my life (big statement, I know).

Favourite drugstore and high end version of mascara / eyeliner? 

My favourite drugstore mascara would have to be the Maybelline New York Illegal Definition Mascara which although it is a drugstore product and can be bought pretty cheaply, is actually better than some of my high end products. But my favourite high end product would have to be the Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara or the Benefit Roller Lash. Both of them make very full, almost doll eyed lashes. If I'm honest, I don't really use or own a high end eyeliner. I very rarely use it for there to be any need.

Would you rather buy 2 drugstore lipsticks or one high end lipstick for the price of 2 drugstore ones?

It would definitely depend on what the high end lipstick was. I would definitely splash out on a beautiful matte Mac lipstick rather than two regular drugstore lipsticks, however I own a lot of drugstore lipsticks which I got very cheaply and they've lasted me as long as my high end ones and there is very little difference in quality!

Favourite drugstore foundation and high end foundation?

My favourite drugstore foundation has to be the Magic Minerals Powder Foundation which is only £10 in most places. However, as you'll probably know from my other blog posts, I can't refuse an Urban Decay Foundation. That would definitely be my favourite high end foundation without a shadow of a doubt.

What makeup do you feel you should splurge on?

I feel like, given the opportunity, I would probably buy all the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palettes, get myself some lovely new lipsticks and stock up on foundations. Oh and a new highlighter. If I'm honest, I would probably buy everything on the makeup counter if I could! But realistically, I would spend on the basics such as foundations and blushes in order to have a lovely, natural, everyday makeup.

Which three beauty products would you take with you on a deserted island?

I would take my Wake Me Up Concealer by Rimmel London because, lets be honest, you can't go wrong with a good concealer. I would probably take my 'Rosy Lips' Vaseline (is that a beauty product?) because you have to keep your lips looking nice! I would also take my Magic Minerals Powder Foundation (I love it too much to leave it!).

What is your number one, holy grail beauty product?

I think we have guessed by now that it is my Magic Minerals Powder Foundation! But if I have to pick another one, it would be my Yves Saint Laurent Radiant Touch Highlighter. I know, it is a bit more pricey but it is definitely worth buying. I would however say it is 100x better if you are fairer skinned due to the pink hues but I don't know from a professional point of view!

What high end product do you feel is worth splurging on?

I feel like skin care is so important that it is ok to splurge out a little bit. As for a specific product, I would say the SBC Cleanser and Moisturiser is definitely worth spending a little bit more on. I can't say really about any high end makeup products as such, but definitely a high end skincare product is definitely worth the splurge. You can spend as much money as you want on every high end product in the world, but at the end of the day, it's your skin you are left with so, in my opinion, it is so worth spending a bit more money on looking after it.

What is the very first makeup item you ever owned?

The first ever makeup item I owned would have to be the little makeup palettes where you have the neon eyeshadows and glittery lip glosses with the tiny little brushes that always seemed to break somehow! I can shamefully say I put it to good use during the first few years of experimenting with makeup. However, when I was going into high school, the first proper drugstore makeup I got was a clear mascara! Honestly, it done nothing. You couldn't see a difference whatsoever but I thought I was very cool with this invisible mascara.

Natural eyebrows or enhanced eyebrows?

Personally, I prefer natural eyebrows. I don't have the patience nor the talent to do my eyebrows every morning however I do know girls with beautiful eyebrows which they slave over every morning and the work does pay off! I always have natural eyebrows but I am very lucky to have quite full and visible eyebrows which take very little work (thank goodness).


Shop The Products

             
Concealer

Urban Decay Foundation
     
Magic Minerals Foundation

Illegal Definition Mascara
Benefit Mascara
SBC Moisturiser



Thank you so much for all the questions you guys sent in! I hope I answered them all ok and if you have any ideas for other blog posts, let me know! 

Much love xx

.